We currently have a vacancy for the following:
Start date: October 2018
Hours: Part time - 30 hours per week (6 hours per day, Monday to Friday)
Salary: Starting salary £8.00 per hour
Reporting to: Practice Manager/Admin Manager
We are a semi-rural practice in Southam, Warwickshire rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC. Due to an increasing patient population, we are looking to recruit an admin assistant to ensure we maintain the high standards of service that our patients have come to expect.
This is a wide-ranging role involving a variety of tasks, providing administrative and clerical support to the Practice team. The role includes dealing with hospitals and other healthcare providers, as well as patients and their carers.
NHS experience is desirable but not so important as excellent communication skills and a positive approach to work. A good level of understanding of computers is essential. Familiarity with EMIS clinical software would be an advantage. You should be able to provide holiday and sickness cover as required, sometimes at short notice.
· You will be quick-thinking, pro-active and responsive to sometimes several issues occurring at the same time. You will need a problem-solving approach and have an ability to work under pressure with a high level of accuracy.
· You will need to be highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise your work.
· You will adhere to strict patient confidentiality at all times
· You will understand and respect the diversity of people and be courteous to your colleagues, our patients and their carers at all times.
· You will have a good understanding of computer hardware and software. We are an EMIS Web Practice and experience of this system would be a definite advantage. We use a variety of healthcare software as well as Microsoft Office.
· You will fit in with our experienced and happy team who strive to provide an excellent service to our patients.
· You will be able to portray a positive and warm demeanour regardless of the situation
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like further details please ask to speak to Lindsay Ward or Damaris Gama-Valdez on 01926 810939
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th September 2018